Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Focus Night and Day - Contacts for Outdoor Enthusiasts


What?! You still take your contacts out and clean them every day? I can't tell you how happy I am that I don't have to do that anymore. The good news is, neither do you!
I'm talking about Focus Night & Day contact lenses. If you haven't heard of them, they're contacts that you can wear for up to 30 days continuously. You never have to take them out before that!
As an avid mountain biker and outdoorsman in general, it's not always practical for me to take my contacts out. It's a pain to have to take my contacts out while camping, and it's not exactly safe, either. First thing, I doubt that my contacts would be very clean after sitting around out in the woods. Second, what if I need to get up early and do something? My uncorrected vision won't let me do too much.
Do you like to hike, camp, swim, bike, run, canoe, fish, or hunt? If you answered yes to any of those, then Focus Night & Day contacts could be for you. Or if you are just sick of having to take your contacts out at night only to put them back in the next day, these lenses are just what you have been waiting for!
Now that I have these, I don't even think about Lasik surgery anymore. Switching contacts once a month isn't that big of a deal, more of a compromise between the hassle of contacts and the risk of Lasik.
Here are some tips if you decide to get Focus Night & Day:
1. Ask your optometrist for a trial pair. This way you can try them out for free to make sure they work for you.
2. Get some lens drops. These lenses will dry out a little easier since they never leave your eyes, so it's a good idea to keep some drops handy.
3. When you switch to a new pair at the end of the month, let your eyes go for a full day without contacts. They need some time to breathe.
The first few days, I actually felt like taking them out at night, out of habit. After that short adjustment period, I realized that these contacts are amazing!
Enjoy your new vision! I know I will.
Levi Bloom is an avid outdoorsman who hikes, bikes, camps, swims, and more. He frequently writes about the outdoors, sports, health, and fitness. Find more of his insights at BloomBikeShop.Com and RunnersResource.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment