Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Looking Like Myself ~


DO YOU LIKE MY BLOG…OFFER ME A SHAKE TODAY

Taken Last Weekend ~ Vacation
LOOKING LIKE MYSELF…what do I mean by that?  Well, I have my genetics and my lifestyle of fitness and nutrition that creates…drum roll…ME!  I am not supposed to look like the girl in the magazine, the movies, or anywhere else for that matter.  Back in the day when I competed, did I look at magazines, other girls and think…I need to look like that…why is my body not responding the same way as hers…check out how tight her backside is…on and on…YIKES...and BIG YUCK.  I am so happy to come full circle with knowledge, age (yes…it is fabulous), and wisdom.  I embrace who I am, what I look like…and being the BEST ME…not anyone else.  It would be such a stressful life to constantly compare myself to her, then her, and oh my…her…OH hell to the BIG NO.  Life is too short to even think unrealistic thoughts, goals, and for crying out loud….I AM NOT HER, HER, OR EVEN HER.  Did you know that ALL images in magazines are photo shopped to soften here, cut there, and create unreal images of girls, women, and men representing something that they are not.  I am not saying that they are not fit, although some probably are not in the greatest shape …BUT…lines, bumps, blemishes, rolls, bootie, hips are quickly painted away with a few strokes of a computer…for crying out loud…you can get a photo shopped 6-pack now…lol.  Really????  I am not saying I am anti-photo shop, but if I look at a photo and struggle to recognize who it is and have to go to the credits…I say…horrible…off that soap box.   

 Some of my older model images are slightly photo shopped…not all…but some…and I have to say it is an art of knowing just how much…and loved when some softness was needed.  Overall, I prefer the edgy REAL image that shows me, right here, right now…and those… I embrace the most;)  I really enjoy taking self portraits…no photo shop…most without makeup, and posting them on the blog so that you can see ME, at 47, after kids, injuries, surgeries…and Staying Healthy with my lifestyle. 

Love the NOT overdone photo shop
It is important to want to be ME and not someone else…that tells me that I accept, embrace, and honor who I am as Darla, the woman, wife, mother, trainer, daughter, sister, and friend…How could I even walk the shoes of helping people get healthy if I did not believe in this.  I hear so often…I want to look like you… and I smile, take it as a compliment…and let them know that the goal is to look like them…their BEST self with the wonderful genetics they have. I am a mother with a beautiful daughter full of youth, smooth skin, and body that a 20 year young woman should have and it feels like a reflection in the mirror…ME and that body 20 years ago…BUT that is the point….that was 20 years ago… and all I can do and want for me is celebrate who I am TODAY…and for 47 years young…I am pretty darn happy with that. 

Not Shopped
I embrace my fine lines earned from laughs, smiles, and a few frowns along the way and also the energy that I still maintain from taking care of myself…and say…YES YES YES.  I believe that aging is a privilege and an honor and although there is no such thing as the fountain of youth…the only way to keep this body and mind young is through living a healthy life…that means regular exercise, healthy foods, plenty of rest, and balance of work and play.  Also, living a healthy life and feeling youthful decreases my risk of illness…I want to do my best to live a good long life.  When it comes down to me and my mirror…there is acceptance and I look back and smile…YEP…the lines are there…I EARNED EVERY ONE!!!

 

THIS IS ME!!!!

Motivation of the Day:  Don’t Compare Yourself to Others in Your Journey of Life…Let Your Life be Yours…and Live it to the Fullest!

My Workout of the Day:
ARC Trainer: 30 minutes
Body Stuff: (light today…a bit tired) 1 minute intervals
Modified french press (repeated 4x in between legs)
1 set cross back step ups
1 set reverse lunges
1 set squat lateral lifts
STRETCH TIME

Meal 3
Nutrition of the Day:
Coffee, one cup
1-1 Chocolate Cherry Whey Protein Muffin
2-Post Workout Shake/ ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
3-Shredded Chicken & Spinach Wrap
4-Small potato topped with n/f Greek Yogurt
5-Ground Turkey Breast Burger & Grilled Corn
6-Watermelon/Protein Ball


Personal Share:  Hubby wanted to prepare a full course healthy meal for me, so last night on the menu was: Appetizer: Grilled Jumbo Shrimp marinated in an orange ginger sauce and Chicken Sausage Skewer ~ Main Dish: Grilled Salmon and Brussel Sprouts ~ Dessert: Grilled Peaches stuffed with Goat Cheese topped with crushed Raw Walnuts.  He paired the dinner with a light Muscat wine.  The meal was absolutely fabulous….and we created a small video of part of it…bloopers are fun.  Enjoy the images as well.

 




Stay Healthy!


IF YOU ENJOY MY BLOG, LIKE IT, LEAVE A COMMENT AND IF INSPIRED…OFFER ME A SHAKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment