Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I am a Negative Person…OH YEAH!!!!

DO YOU LIKE MY BLOG…OFFER ME A SHAKE TODAY…

I Paid 97 cents for this FABULOUS Melon
Really I am…..what am I trying to say about myself…really Darla.  It is all positive…yep…this negative girl is positive about my negative self.  YIKES…But do I have your attention?  If you talk to my clients, they will surely tell you that I am a negative person too….even my hubby will let me know that.  I say YAHOO…love it.  What is all the negative hoopla that helps me be the person I am right here right now.  Well…I work my muscles using negative movements & it makes me a strong girl.  When I really want to focus & concentrate on feeling my muscles really firing, I work them slowly with the resistance.  For example, today I performed hamstring curls and instead of focusing the weights up, heels to the bootie (this is a positive move), I brought the weight up initially with a positive move, held at the top, and began to lower the weight slowly, breathing the whole time….the slower…the better…the muscles love it, and talk about burn baby burn…WOW…my backside already is feeling the fatigue.  This is another way I maintain the muscle I have worked so hard for….yes, remember I am in maintenance mode.  Being negative puts a different spin on my workouts, and I am constantly changing things up to confuse the heck out of myself…lol.  No, really, I love the feeling of controlling the weights during a negative move…it is a whole different program.  Being negative allows me to do so much with modification as well…so it is a win win for me.  If you have read my “About Me” and have been following my Blog…you are aware of my limitations and the modifications I need to implement to maintain my physical self.  What do I say about that…RIGHT ON!!!!  Another favorite negative move for me is my pull up.  I no longer pull against gravity (meaning a positive from the floor and up & over the bar) but I start from the top of the bar and slowly lower myself to an extension.  This is also a great way for a beginner to gain strength to build up the ability to do a full-on positive pull up.  Every exercise can be done in a negative way….so when I want to be a negative person….I will BRING IT…but it is really all POSITIVE…because that is who I am… a negatively positive person who Loves to share my fun self with you!

MOTIVATION OF THE DAY:  A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IS A CHOICE THAT WE MAKE EVERY DAY

My Workout of the Day:

My French Press Station

ARC Trainer for 20 Minutes (strength Interval)

Bodywork (repeated cycle 3x)
Leg Extensions 25lbs @ 25reps
Negative Ham Curls 25lbs @ 25reps
BOSU ABS 30 reps
Modified Smith Triceps Press 15lbs on bar @ 25 reps

My Nutrition of the Day:







Coffee, 1 ½ cups (oops)
1-Post Workout Shake (The Works!!!)
2-Egg Whites on Sprouted Bread (On a Kick)
3-Protein Ball & Fistful of Blueberries with splash of Vanilla Soy on top
4-Lean Burger Patty wrapped in lettuce (Watch the Video)
5-Protein Pudding (vanilla whey with banana…YUM)

Splurge Report: My Fabulous Friend & Client Meighan baked homemade cinnamon rolls with a cream cheese frosting & brought me a portion size one...how wonderfully delicious!!! Thanks Megs and worth the splurge...I ONLY EAT QUALITY!!!

Personal Memorial Day Share:  I conducted a Stay Healthy Fitness Bootcamp for models attending the Vista de Vintage fashion show and to support Courage to Be You!!! What a wonderful Stay Healthy time we had! I will be blogging about my bootcamps very soon;)
STAY HEALTHY FITNESS BOOTCAMP!!!

Post Workout Sweat is ON!!!!
IF YOU ENJOYED THE CONTENT, LIKE IT, LEAVE ME A COMMENT, AND SHARE A PROTEIN SHAKE WITH ME

STAY HEALTHY!






No comments:

Post a Comment